CRYSTAL-LATTICE DISORDER EFFECTS IN
ELECTRONIC, MAGNETIC AND SUPERCONDUCTING PROPERTIES OF METALS AND COMPOUNDS
1. A unique installation for quench-condensation of thin films and in situ studies of their galvanomagnetic properties in magnetic fields up to 6 T in the temperature range 0.3 - 300 K
2. Revolving at an arbitrary angle Kapitsa solenoid with a cryostat for studies of galvanomagnetic anisotropy of single crystals. Magnetic field sweeping from -0.03 to 2 T with smooth transition through zero in the whole temperature range from 4.2 to 450 K.
3. An installation for studying galvanomagnetic DC and AC (in the range 10 - 107 Hz) properties of low- and high-resistance (up to 1010 Ohm) samples at temperatures 4.2 - 300 K.
4. The installation for measurements of 1/f noise of the samples in low magnetic fields (H < 1 T) in the temperature range 4,2 – 400 K.
5. A cryostat for studies of galvanomagnetic and thermomagnetic properties of metal and semiconductor specimens of single crystals and films in the temperature range from 1.6 to 350 K with steady or sweeping smoothly from -2 T to 2 T magnetic field.
6. A cryostat with superconductive solenoid for quantum oscillations measurements (magnetic fields up to 6T in the temperature range 1.7 - 300 K). Simple compensation method and high selective deep modulation of magnetic field method are provided.
7. An installation for studying single crystal samples conductivity and quantum oscillations under uniaxial compression (magnetic field up to 6 T in the temperature range 1.7 – 4.2 K).
8. A cryostat for studies of galvanomagnetic properties of conductive samples in pulse magnetic field up to 20T of 16 ms duration with current pulses up to 50 A of 1–100 ms duration.
QUANTUM EFFECTS IN TWO-DIMENSIONAL ELECTRON
The group's equipment includes set-ups for the investigations of the kinetic
properties of the conducting and semiconducting structures:
1. 3Не-4Не dilution refrigerator for investigations in the temperature region 75 mK - 300 K and magnetic field up to 5 T (Main features)
2. 4Не-pumping cryostat for investigations in the temperature region 1.5 - 300 K and magnetic field up to 5 T
3. 4Не-pumping cryostat for investigations in the temperature region 1.5 - 4.2 K and magnetic field up to 0.5 T with possibility of the sample rotation by 360o.
QUANTUM COHERENT TRANSPORT: LONG-RANGE QUASIPARTICLE COHERENCE IN NS SYSTEMS
1. Null–picovoltmeter for precise electric measurements of kinetic, thermodynamic, and magnetic properties
of conducting systems at low temperatures, with an accuracy of potential difference registration to 10-12 V
(level of macroscopic manifestation of quantum effects). Device operating is based on the principle which does not have any analogue
(protected by two USSR patents) of periodic commutation of a superconductor state by self–consistent thermal and magnetic fields
created by a linear conductor with current of special form [Prib. Tekhn. Eksp.,
1, 202 (1985)].
2. Non–standard equipment for studying properties of solids in a wide range of temperatures and magnetic fields:
* Cryostat with pumping system and pressure stabilization (DP » 10–3 mm Hg) of low temperature fluids within temperature range from 1.4 to 300 K.
* High–stabilized dc current supply (DI/I »10-6÷10-4).
* Magnetic field supply (superconducting solenoids and Kapitsa magnet) for fields up to 4 T.