Started work at ILTPE in 1965. Has
occupied the position of Professor of the Department of General and
Experimental Physics of NTU ”Kharkivskiy Politechnical Institute”
since 2002. Visiting Professor at Max Plank Institute (Dresden,
Germany) in 1998 and at P.J. Shafarik University (Kosize, Slovak
Republic) in the years 1991-2004 with a currently being implemented
Agreement on cooperation with the last one. Participated in more
than 50 international conferences and has published more 200
articles in Ukrainian and international journals on physics.
Research area: Lattice Dynamics,
phonons and other quasi-particle excitations in solids:
- Propagation and localization of vibrations in infinite and
semi-infinite crystals, surface waves, heat transfer between
- Vibrational characteristics of real crystals;
- Dynamics of strongly anisotropic crystal structures, and
- Quasi-particle spectra and vibrational characteristics of
nanoclusters and other nanosystems.
The main achievements:
- Dynamics of Highly Anisotropic (Quasi Low Dimensional) and
Multi Layer Crystals
- The mechanism of Kapitsa thermal resistance was proposed.
- The condition of creation and characteristics of localized
states connected with point impurities and continuous defects
(twins, interfaces, adsorbed layers, etc.) were investigated and
analyzed in detail.
- Shear waves localized near a mono-atomic layer adsorbed on
the free surface of a strongly anisotropic layered crystal are
studied at the microscopic level using a vector lattice model
with translational and rotational invariance and elastic
stability. It is shown that in some cases a non-central
inter-atomic interaction results in the appearance of surface
shear waves of a special type with one or two termination points
and a damping parameter which is a non-monotonic function the
two–dimensional wave vector.
- Multi-channel resonance transmission of phonons through the
interface of the point contact was studied using the theory of
capillary effects. We showed that anomalous peaks of the reduced
heat flow at low temperatures are induced by the resonance
transport of phonons through different layers of impurity atoms.
Characteristics of channels of the phonon heat flow are
calculated. The data obtained were in good agreement with the
- S.B.Feodosyev, I.A.Gospodarev, E.S.Syrkin, Anomalies of
Linear Expansion Coefficient in Highly Anisotropic Crystals at
Low Temperature, Phys, Stat. Sol (b), 150, K19, 1988.
- T.G. Petrova and E.S. Syrkin, Surface spin waves in
Heisenberg’s ferromagnets (review article), Low Temp. Phys. 17,
- S.B. Feodosyev, I.A. Gospodarev, A.M. Kosevich, E.S. Syrkin,
Quasi-Low-Dimensional Effects in Vibrational Characteristics of
3D-Crystals, Phys. Low Dim. Str., 10/11, 209, 1995.
- A.M. Kosevich, Yu.A. Kosevich, E.S. Syrkin, Vibrations
Localized Near Surface and Interfaces in Nontraditional
Crystals, (review) Progress in Surface Science, 55, N1, 1997.
- Yu.A. Kosevich, E.S. Syrkin, Dissipative Interaction and
Anomalous Surface Absorption of Bulk Phonons at Two-Dimensional
Defects in a Solid, Phys. Letters A, 251, 1999.
- I.A. Gospodarev, A.V. Grishaev, E.S. Syrkin, S.B. Feodosyev,
Local Vibrations of FCC-Crystals with Two Parametric
Substitution Impurities, Phys. Solid State, 42, N12, 2000.
- A.M. Kosevich, A. Mayer, S.B. Feodosyev, I.A. Gospodarev,
V.I. Grishaev, E.S. Syrkin, Atom Dynamics of Micro-Clusters on
Atomically Smooth Surfaces, Superlattices and Microstructures,
27, No1, 7, 2000.
- S.B.Feodosyev, M.A.Mamalui, E.S.Syrkin, Dynamical
Characteristics of Infinite and Semi-Infinite 1D Structure with
Defects in Presence of Activation, Synthetic Metals, 121, 1333,
- E.T. Verkhovtseva, I.A. Gospodarev, V.I. Grishaev, S.I.
Kovalenko, D.D. Solnyshkin, E.S. Syrkin, S.B. Feodosyev, Atom
Dynamics and the Problem of the Structural Stability of Free
Clusters of Solidified Inert Gases, Low Temperature Physics, 29,
No 5, 386, 2003.
- S.B.Feodosyev, I.A.Gospodarev, V.I.Grishaev, E.S.Syrkin,
Vibrational dynamics and thermoynamical characteristics of the
superlattices based on the metal-hydrogen system, Low
Temperature Physics, 29, No 6, 530, 2003.
- Feher, A.A. Mamaluĭ, A. Ya. Dul’fan, E.S. Syrkin and
A.G. Shkorbatov, Low-temperature phonon transport in 3D
point-contacts (review), Low Temp. Phys. 31, No 11, 921,
- I.A. Gospodarev, V.I. Grishaev, O.V. Kotlyar, K.V.
Kravchenko, E.V. Manzhelii, E.S. Syrkin, and S.B. Feodosyev,
Ioffe–Regel crossover and boson peaks in disordered solid
solutions and similar peculiarities in heterogeneous crystal
structures Low Temperature Physics, 34, No
8, 655, 2008.
- E.S. Syrkin, S.B. Feodos’ev, K.V. Kravchenko, A.V. Eremenko,
B.Ya. Kantor and Yu.A. Kosevich, Flexural rigidity of layers and
its manifestation in the vibrational characteristics of strongly
anisotropic layered crystals. Characteristic frequencies and
stability conditions in quasi-two-dimensional systems, Low Temp.
Phys. 35, No 2, 158, 2009.
- I.A. Gospodarev, K.V. Kravchenko, E.S. Syrkin and S.B.
Feodos’ev Quasi-two-dimensional features in the phonon spectrum
of graphite Low Temp. Phys. 35, No 7 589, 2009.
- A. Feher, I.A. Gospodarev, A.V. Grishaev, K.V.
Kravchenko, E.V. Manzheliĭ, E.S. Syrkin and S.B. Feodos’ev,
Effect of defects on the quasiparticle spectra of graphite and
graphene, Low Temp. Phys. 35,
No 8, 679
- I.A. Gospodarev, V.V. Eremenko, K.V. Kravchenko, V.A.
Sirenko, E.S. Syrkin and S.B. Feodos’ev Vibrational
characteristics of niobium diselenide and graphite nanofilms Low
Temp. Phys. 36, No 4,
- Alexander Feher, Eugen Syrkin, Sergey Feodosyev, Igor
Gospodarev and Kirill Kravchenko Quasi-Particle Spectra on
Substrate and Embedded Graphene Monolayers, in: “Physics and
Application of Graphene – Theo-ry” (ed. S. Mikhailov) “InTex”
Open Access Publisher, ISBN 978-953-307-996-7 Croatia, 2010
- A Feher,
E. Syrkin, I. Gospodarev, E. Manzhelii, A. Kotlyar, K. Kravchenko,
The Features of Low Frequency Atomic Vibrations and Propaga-tion
of Acoustic Waves in Hete-rogeneous Systems, in: “Waves in
Fluids and Solids” (ed. R.P. Vila) “InTex” Open Access
Publisher, ISBN 978-953-307-246-3 Croatia, 2011.
- I.A. Gospodarev, O.V. Kotlyar, K.V Kravchenko, E.V. Manzhelii,
E.S Syrkin, A.V.Yeremenko, I.K. Galetich, Low Temperature
Peculiarities of Quasi-Particle Spectra of Disordered Solid
Solutions, in: “Contemporary Problems of Mathematics, Mechanics
and Computer Sciences” (eds. N.N. Kizilova, G.N. Zholtkevich)
PRB Virovec’,ISBN 978-966-2579-92-5 Ukraine, 2011
- A.Feher, I.Gospodarev, O.Kotlyar, K.Kravchenko, E.Manzhelii,
E.Syrkin, S.Feodosyev Impurity levels in the electron spectra of
graphene, Superlattices and Microstructures, 53, 55, 2013
- I.A. Gospodarev, A.V. Eremenko, K.V. Kravchenko, A.F.
Sirenko, V.A. Sirenko, E. S. Syrkin, S.B. Feodosyev, *, and Yu.
A. Shabakaeva, Distinctive Features of Thermal Expansion of
Niobium Diselenide, Physics of the Solid State, 55 No. 4, 825, 2013