Head of the Department ¹4
Professor, Doctor of Sciences, Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
Mykola Fedorovych KHARCHENKO
Main subject of research:
- Magnetooptical properties of magnetoelastics, antiferromagnetic magnetoelectrics and piezomagnetics.
- Magnetooptical visualization of the 180-degree antiferromagnetic domains and controlling their structure.
- The magnetic spin-orientation phase transitions and magnetic phase separation in antiferromagnets.
- Magnetic field-induced structural phase transitions.
- Magneto-resonance properties of low-dimensional magnetics and organometallic compounds.
- Magnetic, magneto-resonance and magnetooptical properties of multilayer systems of magnetic/non-magnetic metal type.
- Static and dynamic magnetic properties of narrow-band compounds based on d- and f- elements.
- Dynamic properties of layered dielectrics.
- Spontaneous and induced phase transitions in layered compounds with rare earth Jahn-Teller ions.
- Hyperfine interactions in magneto-ordered crystals.
Update: December 25, 2008 ©Department 4
©Idea of design of Yu.Kharchenko