- Name: Mariia I. Pashchenko
- Date of birth: 25 November 1984
- Place of birth: Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Citizenship: Ukraine
- Sex: Female
- E-mail: email@example.com
Affiliation and address
B.Verkin Institute for Low Temperature Physics
& Engineering, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine,
47 Lenin Ave., 61103 Kharkov, Ukraine
- September 2001 – July 2005 B.S. Department of Physics, V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Ukraine;
Diploma thesis topic: Influence of light on transport properties of manganite film Pr0.6La0.1Ca0.3MnO3. Supervisor – PhD. Bedarev V.A.
- July 2005 – June 2006 Master degree in Solid State Physics, Department of Physics, V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Ukraine;
Diploma thesis topic: Influence of light on magnetic properties of manganite film Pr0.6La0.1Ca0.3MnO3. Supervisor – PhD. Bedarev V.A.
B.Verkin Institute for Low Temperature Physics and Engineering , Kharkov.
- 2006-2008 – Engineer
- 2008-till now - Post-graduate student
main field: magnetism and magneto-optics;
current research interest: phase transitions induced by a magnetic field in magneto-ordered crystals; inhomogeneous structures formed during the phase transitions.
Membership of professional Societies
Member of OSA ( Optical Sosiety of America )
Member of SPIE ( International society advancing an interdisciplinary approach to the science and application of light.)
Number of paper on refereed journals: 2
Number of communication to scientific meetings: more than 10
- V. Gnezdilov, V. Bedarev, Yu. Pashkevich, P. Lemmens, S. Zvyagin, S. Gnatchenko, M. Pashchenko, X. Mo, W. Queen, and S.-J. Hwu. Structural phase transition in two-dimensional tetramer-cuprate Na5RbCu4(AsO4)4Cl2. Low Temp. Physics, 2007,v. 33, N 8, p. 897-901.
Abstract: Using Raman scattering and optical birefringence we have investigated a low-temperature phase transition in single crystal of the two-dimensional Na5RbCu4(AsO4)4Cl2. Phonon anomalies point to a first order nature of the transition. The observed transition is most probably related to a order-disorder transition of the Rb ion positions along the z axis within the ionic framework of mixed alkali metal chloride lattices.
- Pashchenko M.I., Bedarev V.A., Bezmaternykh L.N., Temerov V.L. «Magnetooptic Investigations of Magnetic Intermediate State in the Single Crystal TbFe3(BO3)4» accepted to journal Technical Digest (Moscow).
Abstract: The magnetic intermediate state (MIS) formed in a vicinity of a magnetic field induced first order phase transition was investigated by using visual and magnetooptical methods in the antiferromagnetic TbFe3(BO3)4. The area of existence of MIS in the interval of temperatures from 6 to 15 K in H-T plane was defined. It was calculated the energy of domain wall between an antiferromagnetic and high field magnetic phase.